My husband loves his Capsicum. He can eat it every day and in any meal be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. So I try to find different ways to incorporate this versatile vegetable in our meals.
Since we are inching towards warmer weather, the markets are full of colourful bell peppers (capsicum/bhopli mirchi). So I stocked up my fridge with these beauties. Here is a recipe for a Tri-Colour Capsicum Salad- with a Thai inspired dressing.
The ingredients you need for the salad are:
- 100 gms green capsicum- roughly chopped
- 100 gms red capsicum- roughly chopped
- 100 gms orange capsicum – roughly chopped
- 100 gms white onion/ spring onion – sliced
- 25 gms of spring onion greens chopped finely
- 25 gms coriander/ parsley leaves chopped roughly
The ingredients you need for the salad dressing are:
- 2 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 green chilli/ birds eye red chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 th teaspoon mint paste
- 1 clove of garlic -finely grated (optional)
- Salt to taste
- I am using soy sauce by a brand called Chin Su. This is one of the best soy sauces I have tasted. It has a hint of chilli and garlic in it. I picked this up from my recent travels to Vietnam. Hence I have not used any garlic. Feel free to use a clove of garlic finely grated in the dressing.
Method of Preparation:
- Roughly chop the capsicum. Then slice the onion and chop the spring onion greens if using.
- Arrange it in a mixing bowl.
The method to prepare the salad dressing:
- Take a small bowl and add the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, minced ginger and garlic (if adding).
- Then add the mint paste, salt and green/birds eye chilli.
- Mix it well for about 30 secs and keep aside.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss well.
- The Tri-Colour Capsicum Salad- with a Thai inspired dressing is now ready to be served.
This salad can be great as an entree at any house party or part of a Sunday brunch. This makes an excellent fuss free work lunch.
I would love to hear your feedback in the comments below. Do let me know when you rustle up the salad as to how its turned out. Have a great week ahead.