Some recipes are so simple yet just Lip-smacking that you are in awe of the person who makes it. Aai (my grandma) is one such person who I worship. She is a legend in the kitchen.
She used to make this Banana Pudding which would make us kids lick the bowls clean and still ask for more. I think her secret ingredient is grandma’s love that makes everything a tad bit special.
So why not start the New year on this wonderful sweet note. Here is Aai’s recipe for Banana Pudding. This is a no bake recipe and is a gluten and egg free recipe making it suitable for Vegetarians.
Ingredients needed for the Banana Pudding are:
- Bananas- 6 in number. Ensure they are ripe.
- Milk- 1 cup
- Cream- 1/2 cup
- Sugar-6-7 tablespoons depending on sweetness of bananas
- Cardamon powder- 1 teaspoon
- Cashew pieces- 2 tablespoon
- Vanilla Essence – Optional
Method of Preparation:
- Take a heavy bottomed broad non stick utensil. Chop the banana pieces and add them to the pan. Now add 1 cup of milk.
- Keep it on a medium flame throughout the cooking process.
- About 10 minutes later the milk should have reduced and the bananas would be slightly mushy (half cooked). Add the cream, cardamon powder, sugar and 1.5 tablespoons of cashew pieces. Mix well and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- The cooked mixture should now look like this. Keep it aside and let it cool down completely.
- Few hours later take a blender and blend the mixture till it is smooth. Do not add any water/ milk to this mix. It will be slightly thick.
- Pour it in dessert glasses or clay cups. Garnish with cashew pieces or silver foil. Cover and refrigerate for a 3-5 hours.
- This should make about 8 serves. Easy to make , party perfect recipe. Let me know how you like this recipe in the comments below.
Recipe, styling, concept and photography by Sharvari P Mehan.
I received 6 such gorgeous colorful dessert glasses as a Kris Kringle gift from a friend Miss C. Thank you so much love them.
Have a Happy New Year everyone.