Last weekend Melbourne recorded it first 40 degree C day this summer. I do love the heat but 40 degrees C is just unbearable. When you just have to run errands on such a day, comfort is of prime importance when dressing up (rather dressing down)
We were driving heading to the grocery store and we noticed this beautiful green wall with graffiti and we decided to stop impromptu. We clicked pics in less than 10 minutes as the heat was unbearable. Call it dedication to blogging but I like to find little nooks and corners to click pics. I am loving how the wall complements my outfit.
The Outfit of the Day – Jodhpuri pants teamed with a colourful singlet and easy breezy Kimono.
- Kimonos are trending since 2014 and still going strong. They are perfect on a hot summer day. A Kimono is non structured jacket that is a light layer. Can add a punch to any outfit.
- I am wearing a snake print kimono from Cotton On which I purchased in 2010 in a season end sale at 1/3rd of its original price.
- The bright purple singlet lets the kimono do all the talking without stealing its limelight.
- Anti-fit pants are another micro-trend that have been going strong since 2014. I wore these formal calf length jodhpuri pants. These are again really old. I purchased them from an Asian boutique from Moonee Ponds Shopping Plaza in 2009. I have worn them to work with a structured blazer and Shirt and worn them casually with a t’shirt too.
- Anti-fit pants are again a wardrobe staple and utilitarian. This material is a soft breathable fabric and great on a warm day.
- Too hot to wear anything on my neck, I added pearl studs and stacked on Gold, silver and colorful bangles.
- The silver kadas (thick bangles) are one of the first bangles I bought about 10 years back. The bronze gold and silver kada belonged to my older sister and she was planning to throw it away. I took it from her about 10 years back and I still use it.
- I love to recycle my wardrobe and accessories. Being a fashion blogger does not mean I should be buying new clothes and accessories everyday. For me it is to show you how I reuse, recycle and re wear my wardrobe.
- Even your feet need to breathe. I love my heels but I love my flats equally. Summer is perfect to wear these Silver Kolhapuri Chappals.
I have kept the face bare, just slathered sunscreen and a coat of Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara to open up the eyes. I dabbed on Maybelline electro pop lip balm to hydrate the lips.
Kimono – Cotton On – 2010
Jodhpuri Pants – Asian Boutique- 2009
Bangles- Various – India
Kolhapuri Chappals – Hill Road 2013 – Gifted by Sister in Law
Pearl Studs – Lovisa
Singlet – Temt – 2012
Sunglasses – Rayban
Lipbalm- Maybelline electro pop
Mascara – Maybelline Colossal Volume
Styling and concept by Sharvari P Mehan
Photography by Ankit Mehan
Love to hear your feedback in the comments below. Have a fantastic evening.