How has the month of January been so far? Ours began with trying to adjust to work schedules, getting back to our daily routines and most importantly getting back into our fitness routines. Work has been hectic and social life even more so. We needed a weekend to unwind, relax and with some sleep in time.
Last weekend was just what we needed.
We had perfect sunny weekend with the nights being cool and windy. So we decided to head to the city to celebrate the perfect weather. Here is what I wore on our date night in the city.
The Outfit of the Day – Tailored Shorts with Lace Peplum and an Aztec printed waterfall jacket.
- Peplum has been trending since 2013 now and still going strong. What is not to love about Peplum. Be it Peplum tops or skirts they give an illusion of a perfect 10 figure. Great to hide holiday weight gain or a bloated tummy at that time of the month. I paired this Peplum top with beige floral tailored shorts.
- Tailored shorts are sophisticated and lady like and perfect for a formal event or evening out. I got these Zara shorts from Vietnam on my recent travels. Floral prints in deep red and hint of pink add to the romanticism.
- I added an Aztec printed waterfall jacket to keep the evening chills at bay. It also adds that additional dimension to the look still keeping it soft, flowing and sophisticated.
- I have kept the accessories minimal. Wore my silver-gold watch and a silver tribal bracelet which I street shopped in Vietnam. I also wore my oxblood and gold ring that adds a pop of colour to the outfit.
- Simple pearl studs and nude pumps with a pastel pink bow clutch completed the outfit.
- I had worn this outfit a few months back to a house party with different accessories and a different hair-do but I wanted to wear the same outfit again.
- I wore the same outfit however I tied my hair in a low messy side bun and wore a deeper oxblood lip-colour for that date night look. Black kohl rimmed eyes and heaps of mascara add the necessary punch.
- So are you feeling syrupy-sweet yet!! Why not make it your Valentine Day Outfit this year !!
- Tailored Shorts- Vietnam 2014- Zara
- Lace Peplum- Temt- 2013
- Waterfall Jacket- Temt 2013
- Pumps- 2010-Forgotten the brand however these have lasted all kinds of wear and tear and still going strong.
- Bow Clutch/Wallet – Gifted by Sister in Law
- Watch – Fossil – Wedding gift by two best friends- 2010
- Lip-colour – Lakme – Crimson Affair-2014 –www.nykaa.com
- Earrings- Lovisa – 2012
Styling and concept of shoot – Sharvari P Mehan
Photography by Ankit Mehan
Do not forget to leave your feedback in the comments below. I would love to hear from you.
If you want me to post about anything in particular do drop me an email on email@example.com
Have a fantastic weekend ahead.