It is an Aussie tradition to go Camping / Glamping on Australia Day weekend. I love to see families here carrying forward this tradition. It is also the last weekend before the new school year begins so kids are in their element. This year we headed to a small town called Camperdown for the weekend.
It is popular for Camping spots and for Camperdown Mill that has been converted to apartments. These apartments are heritage sites and all the furniture is made from old mill components. A different experience that took us back to a different era of Australian history.
So at such times you only carry limited kitchen supplies mostly the basics, however that does not mean you cannot whip up a fantastic breakfast!! Here is Mumbai to Melbourne’s take on 5 Ingredient eggs- Skillet scrambled eggs.
The ingredients you need:
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Onion- roughly chopped
- 2 Birds-eye chillies- finely chopped
- Mushrooms- 200 gms sliced
- 2 Cheese Slices/ 2 tablespoons of grated cheese- (whatever you are carrying with you)
- 1/2 cup- Milk
- Oil/ Butter – 1.5 tablespoon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Heat the oil/ butter in a skillet. Once heated add the onion and stir fry them till translucent.
- Then add the chillies and mushroom and stir fry them. Do not over cook the mushrooms. Just stir fry them till they are slightly tender.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper and let the milk boil which should take about 1 minute.
- Now add the cheese equally in the pan and let it melt.
- Crack open the eggs in the pan and let it cook slightly till the the translucent bits turn white.
- Now fold in the eggs with the rest of the ingredients till mixed well. Check for salt and pepper.
- I like Skillet Scrambled Eggs slightly wet and gooey. Serve them hot with freshly toasted sliced bread.
5 Ingredient Eggs are a balanced breakfast to fuel your system. Easy and quick it can be perfect weekday brekkie to start your workday. Add it in between two slices of bread and toast it into a Skillet Scrambled Eggs Toastie (Sandwich).
Recipe and styling by Sharvari P Mehan
Photography by Ankit Mehan and Sharvari P Mehan
Do let me know how you liked the recipe. Love to hear your feedback in the comments below. Have a great week ahead.