One of the trends that emerged across the Spring-Summer Fashion weeks this month (in Northern Hemisphere) and our very own VAMFF in Melbourne is Black & White. Nothing can be as classic as Black and White. Two other strong trends that emerged this season has been Androgyny and Revival of Suede.
Strong structured pieces such as Jackets and Vests with Pants have been seen across the Fashion Fests worldwide. One can create strong structured look altogether or piece structured jackets with A line / flowing silhouettes.
Suede as a fabric is making a strong comeback. Easy way to incorporate this trend is investing in suede bags or boots. If you are adventurous you can invest in Suede skirts/ jackets.
Today is Mumbai to Melbourne’s 6 month Birthday. Hence the OOTD is a tad bit special. In today’s OOTD I have incorporated these three trends – Black & White, Suede and Androgyny.
- I have worn High waisted Black trousers here and I have folded them at the hem to create a boyish charm. These are trousers that I wear to work. One can certainly wear your office trousers to a party or a formal event by dressing them up or down according to the event.
- I have added a bustier and then worn a White Peplum blazer to give it a structured look. The Bib necklace adds the glam factor to the look and also pulls it together.
- It is important to add accessories that bring together the outfit. The Suede booties again add a strong statement and help complete the outfit.
- I have added a silver and crystal ring and carried my most trusted and most used clutch.
- A completely black and white look sans any colour. Surprisingly even after living in Melbourne (is famous for monochromes) I still love my colour. So it was a bit hard to not incorporate any colour albeit was a deliberate move on my end.
- I have kept my skin clear and added a bold grey eyeshadow and dark kohl to define the eyes. The mouth is soft and I have used a nudish pink colour. I am wearing one of my favourite lip colours Mango Tango by Loreal.
- If anyone knows where I could purchase this shade again please inbox me as I use it sparingly to save the little I have left in the tube and I am unable to find it in Melbourne.
Black Trousers – Temt – 2013
White Peplum Blazer- Ally Fashions- 2013
Bustier- Sportsgirl- 2011
Bib Necklace – Diva – 2012
Ring- Lovisa – 2014
Suede Booties – Warehouse Sale- 2012
Lipstick – Loreal – Mango Tango- 2011 (please suggest if you know where I can buy it again)
Clutch- Olgaberg- 2008
Concept and Styling – Sharvari P Mehan
Photography – Ankit Mehan
Thank you for your continued support and love without whichMumbai to Melbourne could not have turned 6 months today. If you like do hit the like button, definitely leave your feedback in the comments below. Please share and spread the Mumbai to Melbourne love to your family and friends.
Lots of love and gratitude