Autumn has been surprising us with hot and cold spells. Transitional as this season is, it is perfect time to stock up on some basics that can be worn all year round.
Also you see end of season sales around most stores. I normally buy basics around this time when the season ends as one can find great deals. Perfect to buy stuff such as basic t shirts , boots, flats , singlets, basic cardigans. This is cost and time effective strategy and a great way to add value to building a Functional Wardrobe.
The OOTD incorporates AW2015 and SS2015 trends – 70’s Vibe and Fringe.
I loved the 70’s Flower Power from Sabyasachi’s Lakme Fashion Week 2015 Resort Collection and that was the inspiration for today’s post.
- The 70’s are back and how!! Maxi skirts, fluid silhouettes, loose dresses, floral prints, bell bottoms, palazzo pants and anti fit pants, black and sequins are trending. What is not to love about this trend. They are perfect for most body shapes.
- In today’s OOTD I have tried to break the myth that you cannot wear two A-line or loose on loose silhouettes together.
- Guess What You certainly Can !!
- I am wearing a basic A-line black blouse with 3/4th sleeves. The dark floral maxi skirt that I have paired it with has tiers that give it a very peasant look.
- The fringe bag makes the whole look pop. Fringe is trending this year. One can invest in fringe bags, sandals and for the more adventurous fringe skirts and jackets.
- Since I was heading out this day and had to run errands I wanted to wear my trusted nude suede ankle boots that are certainly made for walking.
- Hair trends this season are also reminiscent of the 70’s. I have kept the hair simple and tied it in a low tight ponytail. Added black flower earrings and sunnies to add to the retro vibe.
- I have kept the face fresh and dewy by using lots of moisturizer before wearing some mineral powder. A coat of mascara and swipe of deep plum lipcolour completes the MOTD. (Make up of the day)
Blouse – buyinvite.com.au – 2014
Skirt- temt.com.au – 2012
Ankle boots – novoshoes.com.au – 2013
Black rose earrings- equipaccessories.com.au – 2013
Fringe Bag – colettehayman.com.au – 2015
Raybans – Vietnam – 2014
Concept, Styling and Write up – Sharvari P Mehan
Photography – Ankit Mehan
Have you checked out Mumbai to Melbourne’s Instagram page yet. For daily updates click here.
Do leave your feedback in the comments below. Love to hear from you. Have a fantastic week ahead.