When I think of Bohemian Spirit I think of My Dad. He has always been free spirited and is an aficionado of Life. I love that tad bit of craziness and childlike innocence and enthusiasm he still holds on to. He is the eternal “Cool Kid” that one wants to hang out with or be like one. He loves to go on travel adventures to find a bit more of himself. It is hard to put him in a box. That for me is a true manifestation of the Bohemian Spirit.
In some respects I am certainly a chip of the old block. In the growing up years there were times when I thought I don’t think I fit into a particular category. I was always torn between pursuing further education and doing well on one end and chasing my various artistic dreams on the other. Fashion is one of the ways I express my inner Gypsy.
Today I am bringing to you the 2nd in the collaboration series with The Craft Gallery.
I am bringing to you some Handmade and Australian Made Jewelry by the brand – Seriously Twisted. This Australian brand houses its store in Sydney and retails online on www.seriouslytwisted.com.au and on The Craft Gallery.
Today’s Outfit of the Day – Flared Cotton printed dress with Faux leather boots , Embroidered Jhola and Belt and Seriously Twisted Headgear.
- I wanted to give this gorgeous necklace a serious twist! Here Iam wearing it as a headchain/ mangtikka.
- This necklace is made with a Silver finish resin cabochon pendant. It has a red Baroque Style Pattern along with a white Freshwater Pearl.
- You can buy such handmade bespoke and affordable jewelry on The Craft Gallery.
- I have worn an Indian Print 3/4th sleeved flared dress with tassels. The flowy silhouette adds to the bohemian feel of the look.
- Goa is a hub of Bohemian fashion. I had shopped both the embroidered Jhola Bag and this handmade embroidered belt with glass-work at Anjuna Beach stalls. (In 2009) One can find such handmade accessories in Anjuna and Bagha Beach Night Markets.
- I have teamed the outfit with nude-brown boots by Novo.The boots help to bring the whole outfit together.Lastly I added metallic blue studs to complete the look.
- Since there is lot of print clash, colour clash and material clash I have kept the accessories minimal.
Dress- Pantaloons – 2011
Boots- Novo- 2012
Earrings- Lovisa- 2014
Jhola Bag- Anjuna Beach Stalls- Goa-2009
Glass-work belt- Anjuna Beach Stalls- Goa-2009
Necklace worn as Headchain- Seriously Twisted
Styling and Concept- Sharvari P Mehan
Photography- Ankit Mehan
Are you feeling Seriously Twisted yet !!
Thank you for your continued love and support. Love to hear your feedback in the comments below. You can follow Mumbai to Melbourne on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Click here to follow.