I think every person has been through a stage where they have been a bit of a rebel. I remember I was so annoyed with just about everyone who told me I needed to study in 9th grade so I would be better prepared for year 10 Board exams. I was a Rebel without a Cause. I just pretended to not care and not pay attention to what anyone was saying. Circa 2015 I can say I am not as immature as I used to be then but your personality is always shaping through the Mould of Time and is forever evolving.
I am sure by now most of you would have watched the movie – Tanu weds Manu Returns. I really liked the movie and enjoyed all the characters and their signature quirks. However I do not understand Kangana’s character Tanu’s reason to rebel. Tanu is certainly wacky and whimsical and does not conform to traditions.
What I did like is the styling of Tanu’s character that perfectly portrays the ‘I don’t give a damn!’ attitude. The Styling definitely is offbeat and quirky that perfectly complements Tanu’s character in the movie.
Predominantly her styling includes – Short kurtis , singlets and short tops with loose baggy salwaars or patiala pants with stoles and scarves. She is also seen wearing lace Sarees with low back blouses and multi-coloured scarves in the beginning portions of the movie. I love the natural tight curly hair and heaps of silver jewellery that adds to her rebellious character in the movie.
Today’s Outfit of the day was inspired by Tanu’s character in the movie. I have added faux leather jacket and boots to make it more winter appropriate.
- I have worn an old singlet in dull teal colour which I purchased in the year 2008 from Giordano.
- I am wearing my most favourite Dhoti pants in Green and pink from Ishka. It was deliberate on my part to wear shades and hues of one colour. This was to let the silver jewellery be the real hero of the look.
- I added my trusted faux leather jacket and faux leather ankle boots to make this look appropriate for autumn / winter.
- I am wearing a silver choker necklace as a long statement necklace.
- I have worn silver, red and gold bangles along with a silver Rajasthani style kada. I have added an antique dull gold and oxblood ring on the other hand.
- I am wearing a deep green stole again keeping within the colour scheme. Lastly I wore my trusted Raybans to complete the look.
- My hair is naturally curly so it took me 5 mins to achieve the big hair look with some hairspray on scrunged hair.
- The make up is minimal with lots of mascara and kohl and a dull pink lipbalm.
Singlet – Giordano – 2008
Faux leather jacket- Valleygirl- 2010
Dhoti Pants- Ishka- 2012
Raybans – 2014
Ankle boots – Rivers – 2015
Silver necklace and kada- Vile Parle East market- Mumbai
Red and gold bangles – Various – Mumbai
Silver bangles – Janpath Delhi – 2014
Ring – Equip- 2012
Styling and Concept- Sharvari P Mehan
Photography – Ankit Mehan
Kurta/ Tunic and Patiala Salwaars