- My husband was craving a good salmon steak for a few days and woke up last Saturday with an aim to go to our local farmer’s market and buy the freshest salmon and vegetables he can find. He was a Man on a Mission. He came back home with two beautiful pieces of Tasmanian Salmon that the lovely fishmonger had de-boned for him. He also found this gorgeous Asparagus at the market and couldn’t resist getting some.
When the husband came home he announced that he had this absolutely rocking recipe in his mind and would be giving me the evening off kitchen duty. So I happily took on the photographer’s duty and he donned the apron and I was surprised to see him work with such meticulous precision.So here is my husband’s recipe for Baked Lemon Salmon with Pan Seared Chilli Asparagus.
The Ingredients needed are:
- Salmon fillets de-boned – 2 fillets
- Chilli Infused Olive Oil/ Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Chilli Flakes- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Wine Vinegar- 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Slices – 4
- Spring onion greens- 1 tablespoon- finely chopped
- Rock Salt/ Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Asparagus – 6-7 in number
- Asian Greens- to garnish (Optional)
- Aluminium Foil Sheets – 2
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C for about 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile take a foil sheet and place the fillet in the center. Now rub salt over the fillet and some freshly cracked pepper.
- Next take half tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar and pour over the fillet evenly. Place two slices of lemon over the fillet and lastly sprinkle finely chopped spring onion greens.
- Now fold the foil to form an airtight parcel. Repeat the process with the other fillet.
- Keep the parcels in the preheated oven to bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Take a frying pan and add the chilli infused olive oil/ olive oil and let it heat. Next add the chilli flakes and salt and let it crackle. Then add the asparagus and stir fry them. Cover it with a lid for 2 minutes until they are al-dente.
- Open the baked salmon parcel and delicately lift the salmon off without bruising the skin. Serve over a bed of pan seared chilli asparagus and a side of Asian greens.
- Your Baked Lemon Salmon with Pan Seared Chilli Asparagus is now ready.
Recipe – Ankit Mehan
Food Styling and Photography- Sharvari P Mehan
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe. Do leave us your feedback in the comments below. Have a fantastic weekend ahead.